Rendezvous Cheesecakes in Singapore: Flaunting the Sweetest Delight
Anyone loves cheesecakes. The reason for this craving for sweets has something to do with fulfillment. The delightful feeling of eating sweets takes away the feeling of emptiness. Clinical studies show that sweets are beneficial for relieving stress.
Another advantage of having desserts is to promote the production of endorphins. The endorphin is commonly known as "happy hormone". It works to help the person to feel light and good. There are cases of depressive behavior that manifests eating sweets.
Nutritive Value of Cheesecakes
The cheesecakes in Singapore are commonly made of cream, sugar, butter, and cheese. These ingredients make up for the nutritional content of the dessert. Moreover, this food item is composed of high caloric value but provides minimal amount of essential minerals and vitamins. However, there are different methods of preparing this dessert. The nutrients found in this cake are dependent on the type of ingredients used. Below are the common nutritional contents of cheesecakes:
1. Protein. An average serving of this dessert can provide 4 grams of protein. It offers 17% of total calories. The recommended dietary allowance for adult men and women is 10% of calories, which are originated from protein. Its protein content provides a minimal amount of amino acids.
2. Sugar and Calories. 80 grams of this dessert can give 250 calories. The main source of calories is found in sugar and fats. One serving of this cake provides 20 grams of carbohydrates. The carbohydrate component is taken from sugar. Sugar can contribute 26% of calories per average serving of this dessert.
3. Fats. Additional 160 calories of energy is provided by the fats used for preparing this dessert. The fat contents are comprised with saturated fats (7.9 grams). The saturated fat is proportionate to the cholesterol profile. The dietary recommended allowance for fats is 10%. One serving of this dessert can give 44 milligrams of cholesterol (15%), which is higher compare to the recommended amount.
4. Vitamins. This dessert provides fat-soluble vitamins. There are traces of Vitamin A, D, E, and K. Moreover, other extra ingredients such as berries or any citrus fruits can generate Vitamin C.
5. Minerals. This sweet food is composed of phosphorus. There are traces of calcium, as well. If milk is used for preparing this dessert, then additional amount of calcium will be obtained.
Health Benefits of Cheesecakes
If you are staying in Singapore, then don't forget to visit Obalo Bakeshop. This shop offers the best desserts in the country. You were not in Singapore, until you visited this place. The foods are irresistible. One of its finest desserts is cheesecake. Below are the health benefits of eating this dessert:
1. It contains alpha-retenol (Vitamin A), which works to improve the visual acuity. This is recommended for people with visual problems. However, people who are diagnosed with hypertension should limit themselves from eating this dessert.
2. Its calcium content is sufficient enough to promote strong bones. Calcium together with phosphorus can improve the formation of bone and teeth. It works to improve the cardiac functioning, as well.
3. Eating this dessert can give high content of energy. The energy sources are taken from the carbohydrates and fats of the dessert. However, it is recommended to limit the intake of this dessert for people with high level of cholesterol.
Reward yourself from eating the sweetest delight in Singapore. To know more about these cakes, feel free to visit Obolo Bakeshop in Singapore. You can also check Obolo’s Facebook Fanpage.
About the Author:
Mac Woo is the chef-owner of Obolo Bakeshop; one of Singapore’s leading patisseries cafe, handcrafting its award-winning cheesecakes and macarons daily. Along with June Lee; these two aspiring architects turned self-taught pastry chefs, started this 100% home-grown brand in 2004; infusing their design training into creating exciting and innovative flavours.